Training to understand and overcome anxiety
Our specialist training course to understand and overcome anxiety is an ideal introduction for anyone who wants to gain a greater awareness of anxiety and its effects. Looking at how to change the way you think, feel, and behave, you’ll learn proven ideas, strategies, and techniques to help you. Attendees will feel more confident, more in control, and more able to support themselves and others.
Anxiety can affect anyone at any time and it’s entirely normal for everyone to experience from time to time. This course aims to give people the knowledge, facts, and stats, surrounding anxiety, together with an understanding of what it is and how it can affect people differently in the workplace and in day to day life.
You’ll gain the skills and techniques to help staff recognise signs, triggers, and warnings in themselves and others, as well as the confidence to manage thoughts and feelings effectively. Anxiety Training will also help staff:
- Become aware of what anxiety is and how it affects the mind and body
- Understand issues that can trigger anxiety
- Understand different types of general anxiety and anxiety disorders
- Learn how to cope with anxiety at home or in the workplace
- Gain confidence in identifying anxiety and supporting yourself and others
- Learn positive steps towards removing the stigma of anxiety and mental health
- Create a positive environment where colleagues feel safe and supported to talk openly
- Get equipped with further wellbeing resources and support
With a mix of presentations, exercises, and personal revelations, this informative course is adapted to suit the needs and abilities of everyone attending, with course content covering topics including:
What are the different types of anxiety?
From long-term, generalised anxiety to other types of anxiety, including phobias and disorders.
Understanding anxiety and its causes
Learning what anxiety is, what can cause it, and how it can lead to hyperventilation or panic attacks.
Anxiety triggers and how to manage them
Exploring and understanding what thoughts, feelings, behaviours, or situations can trigger anxiety.
How anxiety affects other people
What the effects of anxiety can have on friends, family, and colleagues around you.
The fight or flight response
Understanding where this response comes from, how to use it, and how to manage it.
How to start overcoming anxiety
Learn the techniques and models that help people overcome their anxieties, as well as different mindfulness, relaxation, and deep-breathing strategies and grounding techniques that will help in overcoming your own, and others, anxiety issues.
How to support yourself or a colleague with anxiety
Pulling together everything we’ve covered during the day so you feel more confident in how to support yourself or your colleagues if you have anxiety issues.
On completion of the course, each attendee will be given a personalised Understanding And Overcoming Anxiety Training certificate which can be used for compliance and audit.
Why is understanding anxiety training important?
Training and education in anxiety will help employees recognise the issues and how to manage them, as well as being aware and recognising early signs and symptoms in themselves and their friends or colleagues. But it can also build resilience, giving employees the confidence to deal with anxiety safely and effectively and reducing time off work.
- This is a 1-day course, but it can be adapted and run as a half-day to suit your needs
- No former knowledge or training is required for attendees taking this course
- We can also modify your course to give you training in specific areas if required
- For the biggest impact, we like to limit spaces to a maximum of 15 people
- We visit you onsite at a venue, day, and time of your choice, anywhere in the UK
- During any COVID-19 restrictions, we can host courses online through MS Teams or Zoom
Why choose us?
How to understand and overcome anxiety properly is best taught by those who have experienced it. Lead trainer, James, suffered from anxiety and mental health issues in the past which affected his professional and personal life. Co-trainer, Priscilla, also suffered from anxiety in childhood. With different life experiences, both share personal accounts of their lives and reveal the tools and techniques that helped them.
Together with their first-hand experience, they also understand different businesses have different training needs. That’s why the Understanding and Overcoming Anxiety course isn’t designed to be a ‘one size fits all’ course. We can be flexible and centre the course around you, adapting any of our course content so it’s relatable and relevant to your needs.
Read our Why choose Clearfocus? page to find out more.
All our mental health and communication training courses are developed by James and Priscilla, both fully qualified mental health professionals, and delivered with real-life, personal experience, and insights. Find out more about them and meet the team >
Book this training course for your team TODAY